Is it possible to learn Bukovynian businessmen European markets? This question asked participants presentation event, held on 26 November in the city of Chernivtsi. According to the press service of the Center of public activity “Synergy.”
The sight of the audience presented the results of the project “Europe is distant and near: Opportunities for SMEs”, which was implemented by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Czech Republic, the Czech embassy in Ukraine.
A key factor for successful integration with the European Union is the willingness of Ukraine, its economy and to business of such integration – since the introduction of European technical standards and ending with transparent and effective corporate governance practices.
Forty representatives of the agricultural sector were involved to participate in focus groups. Focus group participants were asked to answer 25 questions in the questionnaire, the 7th of which concerned personal data about business and 18 – for targeting the European and other markets, as well as awareness of the opportunities euros integrated business.
Among the focus group participants were most of those whose activity lasts for more than 15 years – 18 subjects (45%). Least of all, namely 2 people said they started their business recently – less than 3 years. This 2 subject or 5%.
Despite the fact that the focus groups were held in regional centers Chernivtsi region, most entrepreneurs have a national scope of business and implement its plant and animal products outside the region. This is half of respondents, 20 participants. However, locally operates a significant part of the respondents, namely 14 or 35%. At the regional level are 6 subjects (15%).
Preferably in the region in agriculture are individual entrepreneurs engaged in crop production (85%, ie 34 subjects) and livestock (15%, 6 enterprises and entrepreneurs).
Speaking about the prospects of cooperation with foreign partners and entering international markets, then Europe oriented 25%. However, the largest number of respondents are inclined to believe that it makes no sense to go in their activities outside Ukraine. 13 people, or 32.5% said that they do not see among potential partners and markets for any of the foreign countries. Among the most popular answers were Russia and any country (6 responses).
If the willingness characterize domestic product for export, the vast majority, namely 70% (28 companies) are not ready for international activities since the product / product does not meet international standards of quality and safety. On the readiness to export their goods said only 4 respondents, ie 10%.
Of course, there is low awareness of domestic entrepreneurs on order pricing for exported products. 30 people, 75% of which do not have such information. 10% are familiar with the requirements, and 15% (6 people) on the answer to this question abstentions.
Speaking of public procurement instruments provided by the European Union, then this information, unfortunately, does not own any of the respondents. In particular, 36 respondents answered negatively to this question. Another six respondents did not answer, which can also be viewed as the answer is “no.”
The situation is similar for use in activities «Europages». 32 respondents or 80% said they do not use and never encountered this via a search engine database and enterprises in Europe. Another 8 people, that is the remaining 20% refused to answer.
On the list of contents and the necessary documents for exporting products known 15%, namely six respondents. The rest, which is 85% either do not know or neglect to answer.
Podgornaya Valentine, an expert analyst TSHA “Synergy” notes that the structure of output and value added agriculture land Chernivtsi region occupies about 20%. More than half the population lives in rural Bukovina and almost 22% of total employment in the region engaged in agriculture. The largest share in the production of agricultural products occupy a small rural households. However purposeful work on implementing scientifically based technologies animals, balanced nutrition, veterinary care, breeding farms is not, which leads to the fact that their product does not meet quality and safety requirements under the WTO agreements and EU requirements and is uncompetitive. As a result, agricultural potential Chernivtsi oblast is not used in full.
Executive Director of the Center of public activity “Synergy”, Natalia Batrakova noted that the use of existing and potential benefits of Bukovina, you must do the following: – development programs of agriculture in regional terms, based on clearly identified priorities; – The introduction of standards of quality and safety in accordance with international standards; – Diversification of production; – Selection of target state subsidies, as the development of agriculture, and the infrastructure that it serves; – The introduction of training programs of agricultural producers; introducing preferential conditions of industrial activity for the newly created agricultural production by providing cheap and long-term loans, the formation of the cover, which would promptly advised of changes in legislation. It is necessary to take measures aimed at ensuring the competitiveness of domestic agricultural products with the guarantees of state support.
Press Service Center. Contact. Tel. (050)270-21-33